In just over twenty-five years, Maynard Cooper has emerged as one of the Southeast's leading firms, offering services encompassing nearly the entire spectrum of legal practice. Maynard Cooper regularly represents clients in litigation and regulatory matters across the country. We also serve as regional counsel for a number of Fortune 500 companies throughout the Southeast.
Maynard Cooper serves a variety of local, national and international business entities, as well as charities and individuals. Our services include litigation, corporate law, banking and commercial law, real estate law, antitrust, public finance, estates and trusts, government contracts and bid protests, governmental affairs and relations, international trade regulation, admiralty and maritime, taxation, intellectual property, health care, securities law, labor law, environmental law, bankruptcy law and white collar criminal defense.
The firm also strongly supports attorney participation in bar associations and professional activities. Two of our shareholders have served as President of the 400,000 member American Bar Association (2008-2009 and 1996-1997). One shareholder is a past-Chair of the ABA's House of Delegates, the ABA's second highest office, while another shareholder is a past-Chair of the ABA's Criminal Justice Section. Our Firm also has a past President of the Maritime Law Association of the United States. Maynard Cooper also has three former Chairs of the 75,000 member Litigation Section of the ABA.
Other firm rankings and awards include:
- In Chambers USA 2013, America's Leading Lawyers for Business, Maynard Cooper is listed as a leading law firm in Alabama in all six rated categories: Banking & Finance, Bankruptcy/Restructuring, Corporate/Commercial, Labor and Employment, Litigation, and Real Estate. In addition, twenty-five Maynard Cooper attorneys are listed as leaders in their areas of practice.
- In Best Lawyers in America® 2013, Maynard Cooper has sixty-nine lawyers noted for their legal excellence in their areas of practice. In addition, ten of these lawyers were named "Birmingham Lawyer of the Year" for their respective practice areas.
- U.S. News & World Report and The Best Lawyers in America – In a recent survey, Maynard Cooper had eleven practice areas receive national rankings, including Banking and Finance Law, Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law, Corporate Law, Employment Law (Management), General Commercial Litigation, Insurance Law, Labor Law (Management), Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Private Funds/Hedge Funds Law, Project Finance Law, and Venture Capital Law. In addition, twenty-nine of the firm’s practice areas received Metropolitan rankings, including Antitrust Law, Banking and Finance Law, Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law, Corporate Law, Criminal Defense: White Collar, Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law, Employment Law (Management), Energy Law, Environmental Law, General Commercial Litigation, Government Relations Practice, Health Care Law, Insurance Law, Labor Law (Management), Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions (Defendants), Mergers & Acquisitions Law, Natural Resources Law, Non-Profit/Charities Law, Private Equity Law, Private Funds/Hedge Funds Law, Product Liability Litigation (Defendants), Project Finance Law, Public Finance Law, Real Estate Law, Securities/Capital Markets Law, Tax Law, Trusts and Estates Law, Venture Capital Law, and Workers' Compensation Law (Employers).
- In Alabama Super Lawyers® 2013, Maynard Cooper has ninety-five lawyers recognized as leading lawyers in their areas of practice. Of these ninety-five attorneys, six are included in the Top 50 list of those receiving the highest point totals in Alabama. In addition, five attorneys made the list of the Top 25 women receiving the highest point totals in Alabama.
- In a recent survey by Fortune Magazine, Maynard Cooper was named one of the "Top Ranked Law Firms" in the country.
- In a recent survey of the Fortune 250 legal departments by The National Law Journal, Maynard Cooper was listed in “Who Represents Corporate America” in the area of Labor and Employment.
- Maynard Cooper has been chosen by Corporate Counsel magazine as a "Go-To" Law Firm® for Labor and Employment and Litigation.
In addition, our firm is driven by a deep sense of obligation to our community. Maynard Cooper has been recognized repeatedly as Alabama's top firm in per-lawyer Pro Bono service, supporting a myriad of civic, charitable, religious and social causes and organizations.
In whatever capacity we serve a client, our goal is to provide the highest quality legal services required with the approach and resources tailored to the particular situation. The firm makes every effort to see that each legal matter is handled in the most efficient and economically feasible manner, considering the nature and complexity of the matter. Our diverse practice offers the flexibility and resources to address virtually any legal issue that an existing or new client may face.